MIX Core DC
The MIX datacenter is an optimal solution for housing network and transmission equipment.
The datacenter has been divided into 4 areas to offer a tailored service and to quickly and accurately manage both the programmed intervention on a device and the arrival of a new operator: Red area, Green area, Blue area and Orange area.
MIX is a certified IXP for the high standards of reliability and security
This is a supplementary service provided inside the MIX data halls (MIX Core DC). The service only provides for the installation of network, routing or transmission equipment and is not intended as a housing/hosting service for its own sake.
- Available for all operators connected to the peering LAN and carriers, in the following areas of the MIX DC Core:
- Blue area – for the installation of peering equipment
- Red area – for the installation of transmission equipment (ADM, xWDM, SDH, etc.) powered at -48 V DC
- Green area – for the installation of optical boxes
- Provide/take advantage of Layer1 and/or Layer2 transport services
- Provide/take advantage of transit services to other operators present, or exploit its resources also for transport services not strictly related to the peering environment of MIX
- This in an environment where we guarantee:
- availability of a colocation space in a highly equipped area at very low costs; more details about MIX datacenter
- first level assistance, fault management and support for the installation of devices and direct interventions on them (insertion of cards, connections, tests, etc.) directly by the NOC of MIX
- speed and flexibility in interventions thanks to direct contact with the NOC
- possibility to access the premises in 24/7
In the Red Hall
- provision of space with minimum area equal to a 300×600 tile
- use of double power feed on the -48V DC energy station
- routing of optical fibers and/or copper wires in differentiated raceways
In the Green Hall
- 19″ rack space for the accomodation of the optical boxes in which the fibers of the carrier end;
- pre-cabling in MM and SM fibers to the MIX switches
INTERCONNECTION SERVICES (Meet-Me-Room)
MIX datacenter represents a big “Meet-Me-Room” in which all ISPs and Carriers equipment can be easily interconnected by making private peering agreements, by buying and selling of transit, by interconnecting backbones or PoPs of the same network inside MIX and between MIX and other data centers connected to it.
- Available for all operators (ISP and Carrier) contained in the MIX centers;
- It allows the physical interconnection between active and/or passive devices located in any area of MIX in protected and controlled routes
- Opportunity to create interconnections to all operators present at MIX
- Realization of the interconnections in fiber or copper in differentiated raceways and prepared to cover all the areas of the halls
- Ease and speed in the implementation of interconnections thanks to the assistance and operational support from the MIX NOC
- Routing in protected raceways to the exclusive access of the MIX NOC
- Control, inventory and labelling of each circuit laid by the operators
- Drafting of the same circuit by the MIX NOC